Date:      Wed, 10 Sep 1997 15:23:05 -0700
From:      Ben Cottrell <benco@ucsee.EECS.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        jayrich@room101.sysc.com, jdowdal@destiny.erols.com
Cc:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mount cdrom returns "input/output error"

> Whew... In a way I'm glad that I'm not the only one :).. Yes I did cvsup

I'm glad I'm not the only one too :-) I've tried it on a sup from
about august 6, plus the snap that was around that time, plus a sup from
a few weeks previous to all that.

It happens on both of my CD-ROM drives--a Toshiba 3401 and a Philips CDD 2600
(a cd-r drive). It does not affect my ability to read audio tracks off the
drives, nor my ability to dd from the raw device files.

I *also* get this on the syslog when I try to mount:
Sep 10 15:19:25 pandora /kernel: ahc0: ahc_scsi_cmd: more than 32 DMA segs
Sep 10 15:19:25 pandora /kernel: cd0: oops not queued
Sep 10 15:19:25 pandora /kernel: biodone: buffer already done

and the last two lines of that is the exact same error that happens
perenially when using cd-write to write a CD under FreeBSD.

Curiouser and curiouser :-P
	~Ben