Date:      Fri, 04 Oct 1996 19:49:42 -0700
From:      Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
To:        Zoheir Shorab <ZoheirS@mylex.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Technical Support <hackers@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 2.1.5 Help

Zoheir Shorab wrote:

> I work for Mylex/BusLogic & I was asked to test our new FlashPT
> HA's driver for FreeBSD 2.1.5 & I have never used FreeBSD, so if
> possible I would like some help with the following:

Your wording sounds as if you have a new driver to port to
FreeBSD.. is this what you mean? or do you want
to test the existing driver with a new board?

> 1) How to creat a partition on a second (or third) HD connected to
>    the Boot HA or a secondary HA.
do you already have a system up and going?
do you wish to co-exist with another OS? is hte other OS already
installed?

> 2) How to create a file system on a newly added HD.
the installer will do that for you
failing that, it's give n in the faq.
see also
www.freebsd.org

> 3) How about adding a Tape drive to the system, do I need to creat
>    a device node for it ?
there wil be on eby default
(rst0 and nrst0)
(I assume SCSI right?)

> 4) Can you refer me to a documentaion or a book that would help
>    using FreeBSD 2.1.5 including the supported commands. I know
>    you mentioned O'Reily Associates in the README file, but how
>    can I contact them ?
Walnut creek have a FreeBSD book.
you can order it with the CDROM
see www.freebsd.org.

the oreily books are the 4.4BSD books htey are relevant but not
as far as the install is concerned.