Date:      Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:19:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Donn Miller <dmmiller@cvzoom.net>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ESS sound drivers and 4.0-current

I believe the ESS drivers weren't committed to 4.0-current yet.  When I
grep ' ESS ' in /sys/i386/isa/sound, the only thing I can come up with is
the ESS support that was in the old voxware sound code.  Sanpei, who is
developing the ESS sound drivers, says they were committed to the newpcm
drivers.  I believe they were not added yet.

From http://home.jp.freebsd.org/~sanpei/:

tarball for 4-current --> our ESS(ISA) code was commited to newpcm driver
in 4.0-current(1999/09/04)

- Donn