Date:      Mon, 18 May 1998 19:45:40 +0000 (GMT)
From:      bush doctor Ichi <ichi@sulima.com>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   why doesn't MAKEDEV make ttyc[1-N]?

Well, I've searched high and I've searched low, now I'm searching in-between ... =;-)
In looking to configure my Cyclades Cyclom 8yo for use with either ppp(8) or pppd(8)
and mgetty I keep seeing references to /dev/ttyc?.  Now MAKEDEV doesn't make these
devices.  Why? I know I can use mknod(8) to create them.  Is this what we're suppose
to do?  I can't seem to find anything specific on this, so if someone in the know would
enlighten me on this I'd appreciate it!!!!

Thanxs in advance ...
i'chi