Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 11:12:59 -0400
From:      "Mitch Vincent" <mitch@venux.net>
To:        "John Goodleaf" <goodleaf@home.com>, <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Off Topic-Programming questions

> I've been told that, to some extent, being a good procedural lang
> programmer (C) tends to make you a bad OOProgrammer, or at least one with
> a steep unlearning curve in front of him.

Foo. It's just a different way of programming.. As long as you realize that
and don't try to do C programming in Java, you'll be fine!

I've jumped around from language to language, some OO languages, some not --
it's not that hard as long as you know what you're getting into.

> Do you think that's true? I'm thinking of making a jump over to Java from
> C. Since I'm not an especially good or advanced C programmer, I figure it
> might work out, assuming the above is true.
>
> That said, can anyone recommend a good Java programming book--something on
> the low end for starters would be nice. Of course, any recommendations are
> welcome and appreciated.

Anything by ORA! :-)

-Mitch