Date:      Tue, 10 Mar 1998 16:54:16 -0800
From:      Greg Shenaut <greg@bogslab.ucdavis.edu>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   teac mt-2st/n50

I have several of these scsi tape drives, and need to get them
working with fbsd225.  They are 160MB DCAS (data cassette) drives,
and I have been using them successfully for years with DOS and
BSD/OS, so I have lots of data stored on cassettes which I need to
get access to.  When I try to access the tapes, I get an "illegal
request" message, plus an "oops not queued" when I try to read or
write.

Apparently there is a mechanism for defining device-specific
parameters for these drives, as "quirks", but there are none defined
for these drives.  Also, I haven't found any clear guide for how
to set one of these quirks entries up.

The drive is a scsi-1, 512 byte fixed block, data cassette drive.
I have the technical manuals, so I think I could put together
whatever information is needed.

I also have an mt-2st/f50, which is the 600 MB big brother--I
haven't yet tried this with fbsd, but I will need to get it running
as well.

What is a good place to begin with this?

-Greg