Date:      Mon, 5 Jul 1999 21:44:02 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Brian McGroarty <bvmcg@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Default gnome configuration

I've been paying for the FreeBSD discs for a few years now
despite having fast enough net access to get the thing for free
merely because it kicks money back to the development team.
There, you've got my contributions.

Last time I tried submitting anything it was dismissed without
even a test because D. Greenman didn't seem to want anyone else
touching his NE2000 driver. Thus the full duplex operation
memory size bug remains in place. Additionally, earlier offers
at assisting ISA PNP weren't met with any kind of welcoming
support, so I'm content to remain a user, and to continue
developing other platforms.

Your sarcasm isn't well received, Mr. Smith.

--- Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au> wrote:
> > The package description of Enlightenment is a bit
> condescending:
> >
> > 	A very artistic X window manager. Among other
> > 	attributes, Enlightenment makes for qutie impressive
> > 	screen shots.
> >
> > This trivializes the marked advances it offers, and the
> > combination of the terrible default installation and the
> above
> > has doubtless put many off of Gnome/Englightenment
> >
> > As in so many other areas, RedHat wins hands down over
> FreeBSD
> > in an area where it really makes little sense to do so.
>
> I'm sure your contributions in this area would be most
> appreciated.
> Now, where did you submit them again?

===