Date:      14 May 2002 23:39:06 +0100
From:      "S. Roberts" <sroberts@dsl.pipex.com>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        Jonathan Chen <jonc@chen.org.nz>, FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: man page for xntpd?

--=-ypo6dP/2jZaOtQaD66fC

Dan, you're a Dude!

That little piece of info makes all the difference. All the while here I
was wondering what was going on with the stuff I'm reading, and here it
is all making sense that both ntpd and xntpd refer to the same thing!

Makes the reading much more clear, thanks a bunch!

Stacey

On Tue, 2002-05-14 at 23:34, Dan Nelson wrote:
> In the last episode (May 14), S. Roberts said:
> > Hi Jonathan,
> >    Thanks for the reply, and for the pointer. I've been to ntp.org's
> > site, read what's there (for my circumstances) and I'm grateful for
> > the information that's available there.
> >=20
> > However, there's no reference to (not that was blantantly obvious to
> > me) xntpd. I'll keep looking, though, thanks all the same.
>=20
> xntpd is the old name.  It's now called ntpd.
>=20
> --=20
> 	Dan Nelson
> 	dnelson@allantgroup.com
>=20
--=20
Stacey Roberts B.Sc. (HONS) Computer Science
Network Systems Engineer

--=-ypo6dP/2jZaOtQaD66fC

--=-ypo6dP/2jZaOtQaD66fC--