Date:      Tue, 5 Dec 2000 08:19:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Rick Hamell <hamellr@yahoo.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        hamellr@1nova.com
Subject:   DNS Records & Email

Hi all! I'm still having problems receiving email.
This all started when I tried to change my DNS records
to make www.1nova.com & heorot.1nova.com both work.
Since then mail has been pretty spotty. (I've not
recieved anything from the FreeBSD.org domain for
quite some time.) About 1/3 the messages I send from
yahoo.com get through, plus I get spam coming through
just fine. :) I've played with these DNS settings,
taking several people's suggestions to no avail.
heorot.1nova.com is my gateway/firewall/email machine.
I'm running postfix with main.cf set to all defaults.
I've added the hostname and such in there, but it does
that by default. Thanks much!

DNS Records:
Zone data file for: 1nova.com
                        Zone Type: Primary!
                        @  86400 IN SOA
ns1.centralinfo.net. hostmaster.1nova.com. (
                         2000120412   ; serial number
                             21600   ; refresh
                             10800   ; retry
                            604800   ; expire
                             43200)  ; ttl
                       @  43200 IN NS
ns1.centralinfo.net.
                        @  43200 IN NS
ns2.centralinfo.net.
                        @ 43200 A 63.105.24.23
                        @ 43200 MX 0 1nova.com.
                        ftp 43200 CNAME 1nova.com.
                        heorot 43200 CNAME 1nova.com.
                        www 43200 CNAME 1nova.com.
                        mail 43200 CNAME 1nova.com.

Returned email:

The original message was received at Tue, 5 Dec 2000
07:37:54 -0800 (PST)
from root@localhost

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
errors -----
<hamellr@1nova.com>

... while talking to 1nova.com.:
>>> RCPT To:<hamellr@1nova.com>
<<< 554 <hamellr@1nova.com>: Recipient address
rejected: Relay access denied
554 <hamellr@1nova.com>... Service unavailable

2nd one:

The original message was received at Tue, 5 Dec 2000
07:34:33 -0800 (PST)
from root@localhost

   ----- The following addresses had permanent fatal
errors -----