Date:      Mon, 28 May 2001 23:29:40 -0400
From:      "Matthew J . Turk" <m-turk@nwu.edu>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   AbiWord and FreeBSD

Hi guys.  I've tired several times to get AbiWord working, but my font path
stumbles me every time.  I've added

FontPath    /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts/

to the appropriate part of XF86Config, and it comes up in
/var/log/XFree86.0.log saying:

Could not init font path element /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts/, removing from list!

I've tried manually xset fp+ /usr/local/AbiSuite/fonts/ and I get:

X Error of failed request:  86
  Major opcode of failed request:  51 (X_SetFontPath)
  Serial number of failed request:  9

This is *unchanged*.  I've tried mkfontdir, mkfontdir -e, and nothing works.

Any ideas?  Thanks!

(Also:  I have the following modules loaded in XF4

Section "Module"
        Load  "dga"
        Load  "GLcore"
        Load  "dbe"
        Load  "dri"
        Load  "extmod"
        Load  "glx"
        Load  "pex5"
        Load  "record"
        Load  "xie"
        Load  "drm"
        Load  "freetype"
EndSection

Thanks!

mjt
--
"Having said that, music is supposed to be
 in the world for celebration, ritual, and