Date:      Wed, 10 Jul 1996 15:35:04 -0600
From:      Jim Simonson <jsimons@bossnt.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   What to do.

Hi,
	My recent interest in the internet has grown in recent months. I
have no real background in UNIX, except when I download my homepage info
on the local server. I have purchased the FreeBSD from Walnut creek. In
a month or so I am going to make an attempt at putting together a server
using FreeBSD as the OS. I am thinking of a Cyrix 6-86/motherboard. I
also think a Creative Labs soundcard, Seagate HD, and some floppie. I
have very limited experience with this. I do have a great interest
though. I have added ram and a second HD to my existing system (486
DX2). I am running WIN95 with little trouble. It is a learning
experience. When I get this up I would like to offer access to the net.
I am curious if there are any usergroups doing this? Am I choosing
equipt that is acceptable to run FreeBSD? Any advice would be
appreciated. If you are too busy I understand that too.

	Thanks,

	  Jim