Date:      Fri, 29 Mar 1996 11:07:09 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Dave Walton <dwalton@psiint.com>
Cc:        Samy Touati <lmcsato@lmc.ericsson.se>, Brian Litzinger <brian@MediaCity.Com>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: BitsurfrPro on FBSD 2.1 & MLPPP broken

> In the interest of solving Samy's problem, which is where this discussion
> started...  Is there something in FreeBSD that he can adjust so that it
> doesn't push the BitSURFR quite as hard?

It's theoretically possible, I suppose, but just about everything in
FreeBSD goes out of its way to do just the opposite, so you'd have to
really break the code's fingers and chain its legs together in a whole
bunch of ways.  Sounds like a most disgusting exercise to me, and
quite a waste to boot.  I'd just scream at moto until they sent me a
ROM revision that worked or get rid of the damn things! :-)

					Jordan