Date:      Fri, 10 Apr 1998 01:45:06 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Open Systems Networking <opsys@mail.webspan.net>
Cc:        John Birrell <jb@cimlogic.com.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Where is the FreeBSD Mozilla CVS server?

> there. And after netscape denounced the rest of the Free OS world by
> saying linux was their OS platform of choice instead of being fair about
> it, they have clearly indicated they dont care about our talents, or our
> useage of things like CVS which we clearly have more knowledge in.

Well, I think you may be reading just a _wee_ bit more into it than
necessary - Netscape's attitude cannot be so easily encapsulated as
this, and I just spent some time talking to one of Netscape's internal
FreeBSD advocates at tonite's FreeBSD-SF meeting and he strongly
suggested that ignorance rather than malice was chiefly at work in
those statements.  More to the point, we DO have friends inside of
Netscape and saying "Netscape can go take a flying &@%$*! at a rolling
@%$#!!" would be counter-productive at best and hardly help their
efforts at consciousness-raising from the inside.

To put it another way, we should be demanding a seat at the tablek
rather than attempting to piss on the table because someone didn't
give us a seat. :-)

					Jordan