Date:      Sun, 7 Jan 1996 22:11:45 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Karl Strickland <karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Changing the 16550 FIFO trigger

I have a 386/16 with 8MB, running FreeBSD-Release-2.1.  I need to use an
internal modem (with a 16550), running at 28.8.  I understand the default
sio trigger is FIFO_TRIGGER_14 (ie a 2 byte fifo).  Due to the slowness of
this machine, I am thinking of decreasing this to FIFO_TRIGGER_8, this giving
an 8 byte fifo.  Is this a good idea, and whats the best way to make the
change?

Cheers,
Karl
Mailed using ELM on FreeBSD               |                    Karl Strickland
PGP 2.3a Public Key Available.            | Internet: karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk