Date:      Fri, 06 Dec 1996 20:19:08 +0100
From:      Peter Olsson <pol@leissner.se>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   HELP: Limit of 60 entries in inetd.conf??????

2.1.0-RELEASE (no time to upgrade this production server right now
unfortunately).

I just spent some time debugging some services that stopped working.
Then I found the "-d"-flag to inetd and immediately discovered that
the failing services weren't loaded. I commented out two entries in
inetd.conf and it all started working.

However, I need all these entries in inetd.conf and I have even more
coming. How do I get around this limit? Is this limit removed in later
releases? (Why limit entries anyway? Avoiding slowness of inetd-response?)

Thanks for your time!

Peter Olsson    pol@leissner.se