Date:      Fri, 5 Feb 1999 23:00:43 -0600 (CST)
From:      Trenton Schulz <twschulz@gloria.cord.edu>
To:        Benjamin Gavin <gavinb@supranet.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DHCP Client??

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, Benjamin Gavin wrote:

> Hi,
>   Has anyone gotten a DHCP client up and running under 3.0-STABLE.  I am
> interested in getting it setup, but I have heard there are major problems.
> Anyone here have it functioning or can point me in the right direction?
Our college uses DHCP for all its dorm connections.  It is pretty straight
forward if you follow the instructions on this website that you can find
from FreeBSD.org

http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/dhcp.html

I found all I needed to do was install the port and packet filter and
touch the config file in /etc and I was online in no time at all.

good luck,

Trenton Schulz
twschulz@cord.edu