Date:      Wed, 12 Aug 1998 11:21:04 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: ipfw and natd

OK.  This may explain some problems I'm having.

Accoding the to ipfw man pages, the rule:

divert    natd ip   from any              to any           via ed0

will divert packets that match this rule to the divert(4) socket bound to
port natd. The search then terminates.  I don't understand what this means
and reading the divert man pages doesn't help me.  Perhaps this is best
covered by another thread.

However, reading the divert man pages I find that "it is normally best to
specify your divert rules prior to any others".  So I'll take that advice.

--
Dan Langille
DVL Software Limited