Date:      Tue, 4 Apr 2000 17:30:30 +0200
From:      "Karel J. Bosschaart" <karelj@wop21.wop.wtb.tue.nl>
To:        Deep Phried <deep_phried@my-Deja.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster 16 kernel support

On Mon, Apr 03, 2000 at 07:38:12PM -0800, Deep Phried  wrote:

> Hello.
>   I know this may seem like a dumb question, but the manual doesn't really help me with this.

'man pcm' would be useful I think.

>   I have Creative Sound Blaster 16 ISA sound card that runs on IO port 0x220,
IRQ 7, and uses DMA addresses 1 and 5. I would like to know exactly what to type
in the kernel config file to compile a kernel to support this. If you could let
me know how, I would really appreciate it.

FreeBSD 3.x, PnP card:          device pcm0

FreeBSD 3.x, non-PnP card:      device pcm0 at isa? port? irq 7 drq 1 flags 0x15

FreeBSD 4.0, PnP card:          device pcm

FreeBSD 4.0, non-PnP card:      device pcm0 at isa? port? irq 7 drq 1 flags 0x15

Hope it helps,
Karel.