Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:36:09 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@earth.backplane.com>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        Garance A Drosihn <drosih@rpi.edu>, arch@FreeBSD.ORG, Garrett Wollman <wollman@khavrinen.lcs.mit.edu>, brian@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Changes to utmp, wtmp & lastlog entries

:> This is a spin-off of the thread in -security about:
:>       bin/22595: telnetd tricked into using arbitrary peer ip
:[.....]
:> Still...  If there *is* an API which would be common to both Solaris
:> and FreeBSD, then it should be much easier to get third-party program
:> authors to accept changes to use that API.
:>
:> As for the best change to make, let me suggest that we basically
:> follow both Matt's and Garrett's recommendations (which were made
:> in other messages in the thread).
:[.....]
:
:I'm happy to bump UT_HOSTSIZE to 56 and plan to do so in 5 days if
:that's the concensus (and if nobody has done so already).
:
:Garrett, would you mind looking at importing the Austin API for this ?
:--
:Brian <brian@freebsd-services.com>                <brian@Awfulhak.org>
:      http://www.freebsd-services.com/        <brian@[uk.]FreeBSD.org>
:

    It would be great if you could quarterback this one, Brian, thanks!

					-Matt