Date:      Tue, 19 Jun 2001 09:59:57 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
To:        Micke Josefsson <mj@isy.liu.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, Greg Lehey <grog@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Vinum trouble

Just for the record this is what I did to make it work again.

Apparently the /bin/sh and /sbin/vinum did not like the older kernel.
With the 4.2-fixit CD I installed /kernel, /modules/vinum.ko, /bin/sh and
/sbin/vinum. The machine booted up allright! Then before making world again
(with 4_2_0_RELEASE) I copied the entire /bin and /sbin contents from CD to my
root partition. I rebuilt OK and is yet again up and running!

Thanks for the tip about the version mismatch of vinum/kernel.

/Micke