Date:      Sat, 31 Jan 2004 10:52:53 -0500
From:      "Dan Langille" <dan@langille.org>
To:        Palle Girgensohn <girgen@pingpong.net>
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: databases/postgresql7 dump + restore didn't include pgcrypto functions

On 31 Jan 2004 at 16:44, Palle Girgensohn wrote:

> --On l=F6rdag, januari 31, 2004 08.14.59 -0500 Dan Langille
> <dan@langille.org> wrote:
>
> > On 31 Jan 2004 at 5:06, Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> >
> >> If I'm not wrong, this means that postgresql functions, at least thos=
> >> programmed in C and using elog, must be rebuilt when updating the ser=
ver
> >> 7.3 -> 7.4.
> >
> > Yes.  This is confirmed by http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-
> > general/2003-10/msg00667.php
>
> Cool. An echo in the Makefile would end up in the postgresql-contrib
> makefile IMO, but would not have helped you, since you didn't use the po=
rt.
> If one does use the port, chances are pretty high that all pg ports will=
 be
> updated together. I'm not sure an echo will do much good - too much
> information makes ppl stop reading... The postgresql7 port is already
> overloaded with echoes.

This issue is not mentioned anywhere [that I could find] in the
PostgreSQL HISTORY or INSTALL files.  It is recorded many times in
the archives, but that's not the place to put things such as this.

The issue only arises is upgrading from PG < 7.4.  Sorry, no more
ideas here.
--
Dan Langille : http://www.langille.org/
BSDCan - http://www.bsdcan.org/