Date:      Wed, 8 Nov 2000 13:19:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Lanny Baron <lnb@FreeBSDsystems.COM>
To:        ebn.news@intel.com
Cc:        advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   accessing portal site

To whom this may concern,
The fact that the site,
http://program.intel.com/mp/admin/c_dynamic.asp?FILE=businessadvantage/index1.htm
FORCES a user to use Micro$oft i.e. 5 is disgusting.

I cannot think of any reason(s) why, Intel Corporation would not allow a
user to use Netscape to get into the portal site. The same applies to the
online training for the Intel Certification downloads.

Our company, Freedom Technologies Corporation, only builds Intel Inside
and (not currently allowed by your gov't) Intel Outside Servers. By that I
mean we only sell/promote Intel Chassis, Intel serverboards, Intel Pentium
III Processors (no celerons).

We only put on the servers sold, the OS called FreeBSD, which Micro$oft
uses to run HotMail.com and Yahoo! uses for its more than 1000+ web
servers.

I kindly ask on behalf of the Unix community, that your corporation ceases
from forcing the use of Micro$oft products to get into some sites (the
portal for example).

To backup what I have said about MS and Yahoo! please visit the following
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/chronicle/archive/2000/05/29/BU20648.DTL

Thank you,

Lanny Baron
http://freedomtc.com