Date:      Wed, 27 Mar 2002 12:04:04 -0800
From:      "George V. Neville-Neil" <gnn@neville-neil.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Crash in netstat on 4.5?

Hi Folks

	I'm working with the getaddrinfo(3) routine and some other common
socket programming stuff (writing a very simple example server) and I was using
netstat when the following happened:

jchurch ? netstat
Active Internet connections
Proto Recv-Q Send-Q  Local Address          Foreign Address        (state)
tcp4       0      0  localhost.domain       *.*                    LISTEN
tcp4       0      0  jchurch.domain         *.*                    LISTEN
udp4       0      0  localhost.ntp          *.*
udp4       0      0  jchurch.ntp            *.*
udp4       0      0  localhost.domain       *.*
udp4       0      0  jchurch.domain         *.*
Active UNIX domain sockets
Address  Type   Recv-Q Send-Q    Inode     Conn     Refs  Nextref Addr
Segmentation fault

	This seems bad.  I'm going to head out to lunch an if y'all can tell
me what else I need to tell you I can do that when I get back and then try to
continue work.  This is rather disquieting.

Later,
George

--
George V. Neville-Neil                                  gnn@neville-neil.com
Neville-Neil Consulting 				www.neville-neil.com

"Put a twenty dollar gold piece on my watch chain
So you can let all the boys know I died standing pat."  - St. James Infirmary