Date:      Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:38:15 -0500
From:      Brad Guillory <round@baileylink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   sysinstall network config

I am having a hell of a time installing freebsd (4.1-RELEASE) on a
laptop.  I have a "laplink" parallel cable that I can pass packets
on by setting up the link with a shell.  But the sysinstall passes
ifconfig the wrong parameters.  Is their an easy way to tell sysinstall
that I don't want it to try to setup the network?  I am also having
similar problems with slip.

on another note if you are still reading my ethernet card does not work.
I have a 3c589d, the ep0 driver reports "No irq!?".  I have seen suggestions
to use the 3com utility to set the irq and base address which I have done
but no suggestions about what to set them to.  Currently I ran the auto
settings and the the card up for dos use.  The settings reported by the
card are irq 3 and base addresss 300.

Any help (redirection included) is much appreciated.  Please cc me as I
am not on this list.

Thanx,
BMG

--
    __O    |     Information wants to be free!     |     __O    Bike
  _-\<,_   |  FreeBSD:The Power to Serve (easily)  |   _-\<,_    to