Date:      Fri, 28 Jun 1996 11:50:57 +0100 (BST)
From:      Developer <dev@fgate.flevel.co.uk>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: BSD V2.2

On Wed, 26 Jun 1996, Jordan K. Hubbard wrote:

> > Ive just tried running the ready compiled kernel from that snapshot and I
> > get the same cold reboot.. I'm beginning to think that there is a bug in
> > this snap that means it won't work :(
>
> Well, now that is different.  I suspected your config file up to now
> since you really have turned on some oddball combinations there (and
> I'd *still* prune it drastically if this other problem weren't
> occurring since it still looks more like LINT than GENERIC), but if
> the kernel I supplied is broken then it does indeed look like there's
> some incompatibility with your system.  Can you describe your system
> configuration to me in detail?

Okay, here we go:-

I tried it on a: AMD DX4x100Mzh, 16MB of memory. Award modular bios.
Adaptec SCSI card (used the ahc driver) on VLB. 2x1GB SCSI drive. Enhanced
IO card (EIDE, 2 serial, 1 parallel, joystick etc). Green motherboard
(Pretty standard really). Floppy drive.

That's about it really, nothing out of the ordinary.. The V2.1 kernels run
fine.. I'm gonna try an older 2.2 snapshot and see if that works next.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Regards,

Trefor S.