Date:      Tue, 25 Apr 2000 07:37:35 +0000
From:      Jonathan Feldkamp <jonathan@skygod.cns.ksu.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   IDE Zip Drive

Hi, I am trying to mount an IDE Zip 100 drive, I am running FreeBSD
4.0-RELEASE SMP, with 2 P-133s, but it will not work.  I have been using
/dev/afd0 for the device and a directory /zip for the mount point.
I have also tried about all of the combinations /dev/afd0a - /dev/afd0s4
for the device.

A couple of other things, I tried to do a dd, and newfs_msdos, and
everything seemed to go fine, it is just the mount that causes problems.

the relevent dmesg output...
afd0: 96MB <IOMEGA ZIP 100 ATAPI> [32/64/96] at ata0-slave using BIOSPIO

so I try...
# mount -t msdos /dev/afd0 /zip

and I get the error...
msdos: /dev/afd0: Invalid argument

this is probably my biggest problem, what does this error message mean?

Thanks for any help
Jonathan Feldkamp