Date:      Tue, 11 Jun 2002 10:57:23 +0300 (EEST)
From:      Alexander V Zubchenko <stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua>
To:        Leo De Geer <leo@ktv.se>
Cc:        Dicky Wahyu Purnomo <dicky.wahyu@1rstwap.com>, <mysql@lists.mysql.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: problem with mysql threads on freebsd

Greetings!

On Tue, 11 Jun 2002, Leo De Geer wrote:
> but in my case its not good to have it that way im having one dedikated dual
> server for the sql and now im yust using one cpu for the sql questions. i
> nead it to start sub conections to the sql to serv all my conections good.
In such case provide, please additional info. AFAIU, You want to use
both cpu for sql, in other words, optimal use of Your server. Than, do
You recompile (or compile) kernel with SMP support (afaik, this is
only arch for multicpu systems, supported by fbsd)? You can b sure,
that if mysql will run separate process for each request, it will
slowdown perfomance, but never increase it. In fact, balancing load on
many cpus is OS task. And multithreaded processes _must_ b processed
similarly to multiprocess environment (but i don't know, how exactly
fbsd smp-support built). Check Your kernel config
/usr/src/sys/i386/conf/<name>. You may find also this <name>
interesting:
LINT - list [almost?] all options recognized in config-file.

With respect,

Alexander V Zubchenko,		E-Mail: stalker@hermes-comp.zp.ua
System Administrator,		WWW: http://www.hermes-comp.zp.ua/
Hermes-comp,