Date:      Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:50:56 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
To:        Marcel Moolenaar <marcel@cup.hp.com>
Cc:        Reifenberger Michael <Michael.Reifenberger.gp@icn.siemens.de>, "'marcel@FreeBSD.org'" <marcel@freebsd.org>, "\"'Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>'\" <Andrew Gallatin" <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>, "\"'Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>'\" <Bruce Evans" <bde@zeta.org.au>, "'freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: [emulation] -current issues regarding linuxerator.

On Mon, 10 Jul 2000, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
>> that issue regarding the different default-signal-stacksizes between
>> FreeBSD and Linux is byting me/us more and more. It prevents us from
>> running some essential Products only available for Linux like
>> Lotus-Notes 5.0 Server see PR# i386/19820 , IBM Java JRE 1.1.8 and
>> Oracle 8i (starting from 8.1.6)
> I'll get to it eventually. If someone else has some fixes before I have
> them; great!

Do you have any idea how long it might take?  These are critical issues
for those of us having deployed FreeBSD widely and if we cannot get this
kind of stuff working ``soon'' our users will probably force us to switch
to Linux.

Gerald
Have a look at http://petition.eurolinux.org -- it's not about Linux, btw!