Date:      Mon, 12 Feb 2001 19:02:46 -0600 (CST)
From:      Scott Pilz <tech@squid.tznet.com>
To:        shivak <shivak@shivakaul.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Error - Shells

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, shivak wrote:

> > Error:
> >
> > pwd_mkdb: warning, unknown root shell
> >
> > I require to change the default shell for root to somthing else for
> our
> > new system. Afterwords, I get this whenever I try to make any changes
> > the password files (and I'm sure other essential areas as well). How
> do I
> > make the script I made, a "default shell" for root?
> >
> > (it's comming off of bash, as #!/usr/local/bin/bash)
> >

> Is /usr/local/bin/bash in /etc/shells?
>
> if not, echo /usr/local/bin/bash >> /etc/shells

Afraid so..
Thats one of the first things I checked. Just for the heck of it, I also
put the other script under it as well (which is called 'shell')..

Basically the first line is #!/usr/local/bin/bash ..
the rest is just stuff I need to have done instead of standard bash.

I dont think it has anything to do with /etc/shells myself.