Date:      Thu, 1 May 2014 04:33:31 -0500
From:      illoai@gmail.com
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Spam to list participants (from openhosting.com & softcom.com)

illoai wrote:

> Spammers can subscribe to the list, you know.  This is
> a public list, so, yes, by definition literally anyone in the
> entire world who has an internet connexion can see every
> single email that you send to the list, & your email address
> (& mine & Jerry Seinfeld's too, if he sends email to the list).

Well, lets have a look at the facts...

. I'm no longer subscribed yet I'm posting to the list,
  so when you state 'Spammers can subscribe to the list'
  they need not even subscribe, simply harvest your address.

. The front page of *this list* located at:

  states:

  'The subscribers list is only available to the list administrator'

> It is a public list.

Contrast the list statement with your statement: the two seem mutually
incompatible somehow, just sayin'

--
Mike Sanders
www: http://freebsd.hypermart.net