Date:      Sun, 27 Jul 1997 14:49:27 -0500 (CDT)
From:      "Jay D. Nelson" <jdn@qiv.com>
To:        Dan Riley <daniel@vailsys.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: sendmail hub cfg?

Wouldn't it be easiest to put your fake domains in the Cw macro and use a
mailertable to forward the mail where you want?

-- Jay

On Sun, 27 Jul 1997, Dan Riley wrote:

->I need some pointers from a few of the sendmail gurus.
->
->			|-------------|
->			|  HUB.z.com  |
->			|    z.com    |
->			|    y.com    |
->			|    x.com    |
->			|-------------|
->          ______________/_____________\______________
->		       /               \
->		|-----------|	    |-----------|
->		| hub1.fake |	    | hub2.fake |
->		| z.com     |	    | x.com     |
->		| y.com     |	    |           |
->		|-----------|	    |-----------|
->
->
->I am trying to configure a sendmail hub on my internet perimeter that
->accepts mail for domains x, y and z.com. Incoming mail addressed to
->users@y and z.com will be forwarded to hub1.fake and mail addressed to
->users@x.com will be forwarded to hub2.fake. The internal network is
->hidden from the internet so only HUB.z.com knows about hub1.fake and
->hub2.fake.
->
->Mail for all 3 domains is arriving at HUB.z.com now so my dns mx records
->for x, y and z.com appear to be setup correctly, but I am not quite sure
->where to configure the splitting of the domains so that user@z(or y).com
->goes to hub1.fake and user@x.com goes to hub2.fake.
->Right now HUB.z.com is forwarding all 3 domains, x, y and z.com to
->hub1.fake. Would this be done with internal fake.com mx records? Or some
->sendmail.cf ruleset options at HUB.z.com?
->
->Both hub1 and hub2 masquerade as their repsective domains and need to
->send outgoing mail to HUB.z.com for either internet delivery and or
->routing between x.com and y or z.com. I assume no special configuration
->is needed at the internal hubs other than to forward to HUB.z.com?
->D{REMOTE}HUB.z.com ?
->
->I am using sendmail 8.8.6 and Freebsd 2.2.2-R. I have compiled bind 8.1
->but have not installed yet, is it necessary?
->
->TIA...
->
->Regards,