Date:      Fri, 6 Dec 1996 12:24:14 -0800 (PST)
From:      Soren Dossing <sauber@netcom.com>
To:        questions@freefall.freebsd.org
Subject:   SSL installation

Forgive me if this is not the right place for this question.

I try to install SSleay under FreeBSD 2.1.6. I have downloaded
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/freebsd/freebsd-current/ports/security/ssleay.tar.gz

After a tar -txvf i do a make in the /usr/ports/security/SSL directory.
Unfortunately I am not sure if I follow the right installation procedure,
but anyway make says something like:

--- snip ---
[ lots of stuff about extracting and cp ]
/bin/cp ./crypto/pkcs7/pkcs7.h out/pkcs7.h
/bin/cp ./ssl/ssl.h out/ssl.h
cc -o tmp/cryptlib.o -DFLAT_INC -Iout -Itmp -DTERMIO -D_ANSI_SOURCE -O2
-fomit-frame-pointer -DNO_MD2 -DNO_MD5 -DNO_DES  -DCFLAGS="\"cc -DTERMIO
-D_ANSI_SOURCE -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -DNO_MD2 -DNO_MD5 -DNO_DES\"" -c
./crypto/cryptlib.c
./crypto/cryptlib.c:59: des.h: No such file or directory
*** Error code 1

Stop.
*** Error code 1
--- snap ---

I have tried to fix this problem and several other compilation problems
but to no avail, so I guess I am doing something wrong.

I really need to run a SSL server, so any solutions or suggestions will be
appriciated.

Thanks,
Soren