Date:      Sun, 25 Nov 2001 10:53:55 -0800 (PST)
From:      Anthony Kim <niceshorts@yahoo.com>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Port of OpenCA pending...

Hi

I hope to contribute to the Project by creating a port for
OpenCA. I've gotten most of the ports done. Here's my planned
list to be added to ports/security

/usr/ports/security/OpenCA
/usr/ports/security/OpenCA-SV
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-CRL
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-CRR
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-Configuration
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-DB
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-DBI
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-DBIS
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-OpenSSL
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-OpenSSL-Configuration
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-PKCS7
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-REQ
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-TRIStateCGI
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-Tools
/usr/ports/security/p5-OpenCA-X509

The p5-OpenCA* modules are mostly available from CPAN, which I've
satisfied in Makefile, except for oddness with p5-OpenCA-DBI
which for some reason isn't on CPAN and is fetched from
sourceforge.

Question#1:

In pkg-plist, is it ok if I not include the parent directory
(OpenCA below) in case the user decides to uninstall and
reinstall one of the several p5-OpenCA* modules? Otherwise, if
you make deinstall one module, you would blow away all the other
OpenCA modules.

pkg-plist example:

lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/OpenCA/REQ/.packlist
lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/OpenCA/REQ.pm
@dirrm lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/OpenCA/REQ

Removed from pkg-plist:

lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/%%PERL_ARCH%%/auto/OpenCA
lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/OpenCA

Question#2:

Several of the p5-OpenCA modules include a testing script,
prova.pl . However, Perl installs them all to the same location:
lib/perl5/site_perl/%%PERL_VER%%/OpenCA/prova.pl

Do you think its okay to pretty much ignore prova.pl? (Easiest)
Or should I patch Makefile to install prova.pl under OpenCA/MODNAME/
instead and subsequently include prova.pl in pkg-plist?

Remark about modules:

OpenCA distribution includes each of the p5-OpenCA modules under
src/modules/ - my thinking is that we'd want a port for each
module to handle changes better - and so that sysutils such as
pkgdb won't complain. Do you think that strategy is valid?

Thanks!

Anthony Kim
anthony.kim@vw.com

FreeBSD->keeps me sane.