Date:      Sun, 11 Nov 2012 23:13:02 -0800
From:      Kevin Oberman <kob6558@gmail.com>
To:        Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs>
Cc:        Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>, "freebsd-stable@freebsd.org Stable" <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: nomenclature for conf files

On Sun, Nov 11, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Zoran Kolic <zkolic@sbb.rs> wrote:

> > > WITH_KMS=YES
> > > WITH_KMS="YES"
> > > WITH_KMS=yes
> >
> > With regard to their use in /etc/rc.conf, no, absolutely not.
> > In general, from my experience, only the second one will work.
>
> Yep, in rc.conf only the second one. I was thinking of make.conf.
> It is the place kms should be set. Loader conf might take only
> "" versions also.
> Thank you and best regards

A minor detail, but the line does not belong in rc.conf (a shell script),
but in /etc/make.conf (a Makefile). Normally you don't use quotation marks
in that case, but it really does not matter in this case as the presence of
"WITH_KMS=" is the significant part. I believe that "WITH_KMS=no" and
"WITH_KMS=yes" are equivalent.
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
E-mail: kob6558@gmail.com