Date:      Thu, 07 Jun 2001 20:16:17 -0700
From:      John Milford <jwm@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Information on context stealing

	I have some free time coming up soon, and I am interested in
working on context stealing for FreeBSD.  However in begining to look
into it, I have run up against some questions I have not been able to
answer from the web page or email archives.

       1) It the purpose solely to reduce process overhead, are these
	  threads also to be created on demand, or are there other
	  objectives as well such as reduced memory overhead?
       2) Since KVM is mapped into every process, would it meet the
          goals to preform a full context switch to one of these
          lightweight threads, except that cr3 is not touched?

It would be really helpful if someone could point me in the direction
of a document that could clarify these for me.  Also if someone has
already thought through some or all of this and has soe notes that
would be helpful as well.  I am assuming that no one has started
becasue the project has a not started status on the web page.  Thank
you for any help/clarification you can offer.