Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 1997 17:12:15 +0000
From:      Jason Wells <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: your mail | Really a Netscape question!

At 19:33 10/8/97 +0930, you wrote:
>On Wed, Oct 08, 1997 at 02:27:18AM -0700, Ibrahim Korpeoglu wrote:
>>
>> Hi, I am new. Is there a package for netscape, easy to install
>> to freebsd 2.2.1?
>
>Yes.  Take the port in /usr/ports/netscape3 or /usr/ports/netscape4.
>Some people, myself included, have had problems with version 4, but
>others have had none at all.
>
>Greg

I can confirm that I had a problem with version 4.01 of netscape. It gave
me a floating point exception error and failed to start. I didn't bother
trying to find out why.

I downloaded and installed communicator-v4.03b8.x86-export.tar.gz and
installed it and it has not given me any trouble at all.

It seems they have not made this version available on the web. At least, I
could not find it. You will have to go to netscape's FTP site to get this
version and you will have to install it using netscape's very easy
ns-install program. This is no harder than freebsd's pkg_add method.

Have fun,
Jason Wells