Date:      Sun, 19 Apr 1998 23:43:32 +1000
From:      Kurt Jones <kurt@woftam.com.au>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Can't install

Hello Everyone,

On advice from our upstream provider I finally got around to installing
FreeBSD a couple of weeks ago and have been fiddling with it ever since. So
yesterday I decided we would use it to run one of our servers (we are a
small ISP). Today I built up the machine (nothing special, P90, 32mb, 1Gb
and 250mb HD's, ReakTek PCI network card and an old 512k Trident 9000 video
card). Cool.

So I boot from the installation floppy I used 2 weeks ago and run the
UserConfig utility to setup my hardware. When I quit and save the machine
appears to write something to the floppy, waits a few seconds, and then
there is a second of HD activity followed by block cursor in the top left
of the screen. Thats it. Stop. Go get the NT CD (just kidding).

This machine is basically the same one I installed to two weeks ago. I have
changed the video card (tried the other one too), added a HD and made my
old Primary HD the Secondary HD. Could not get my IDE CD to work so took it
out again. I did install DOS to it though, to test my hardware was working
OK, which it appears to be.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Kurt