Date:      Sat, 30 Nov 2002 20:14:53 +0100
From:      Martin Klaffenboeck <martin.klaffenboeck@gmx.at>
To:        Cliff Sarginson <cls@raggedclown.net>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Categories info?

Am 2002.11.30 19:38 schrieb(en) Cliff Sarginson:

> Ah well. Seems like a non-problem...but that is just me ..

I'm giving up. I'm not able to ask my question in a way other people
can understand me.  Now I'll just copy the information from
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/x714.html
directly into the variables of my programm.  It just have to know the
Text beside the category name (of virtual and non virtual categories)
for the categories.

My goal was a solution where I don't have to do any work on my programm
when a new category comes out.  I cannot do that this way, because
nobody could tell me if I can get this information for the Category
anywhere on my system.  I just can read the
${PORTSDIR}/category/pkg/COMMENT file for non virtual categories.
Virtual categories will be lost this way.

So I have to set my variables in my programm and hoping that someone
tells me if there are new categories for the ports.

Martin