Date:      Tue, 28 Aug 2001 18:38:12 -0700
From:      Sean Chittenden <chitt@acm.org>
To:        Christopher Hall <hsw@acm.org>
Cc:        mmartinelli@bigfoot.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mozilla + java

> Eventually Mozilla was installed and amazingly it ran, but I was
> unable to get it to resolve DNS entries.  It would however access by
> IP number.  I tried the Linux versions of 'host' and 'nslookup' to see
> if I could debug this but they just core dump.  I guess there is some
> incompatibility with the Linux emulator and the 7.1 libraries.

	Entirely possible...  I wonder what resolver libs come with red
hat these days and if there's a function name mismatch between the linux
and BSD libs.  I think I remember someone working to upgrade the linux
libs, but I'm not 100% sure.  Am I imagining an email where I saw that
mentioned, or is 4.4 slated to have a new version of linux installed w/
BSD?  (... wow, that sounds cool to say)  If so, and someone has more
info on who's doing that, it's probably worth sending him/her an email
w/ your problem.  -sc

--
Sean Chittenden