Date:      Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:35:40 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Ludo Koren <ludo_koren@tempest.sk>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Booting 3.2-STABLE

Hello.

I have a problem with booting a machine. It cannot start booting
process automatically. There are 2 disks. The boot disk has 2
partitions; the second has one partition.

The boot manager displays:

F1 . . . BSD
F2 . . . BSD
F3 . . . disk2

Default: F1

If I wait till it times out, it beeps and waits again. If I just press
F1 it beeps and waits. When I want to proceed, I need to press F4 and
then F1 and it boots immediately. Is there a possibility starting
booting process without waiting and manual intervention. (I am running
several servers with FreeBSD without this kind of problems.)

Please, point to me how can I fix this problem. Thanks in advance.

ludo