Date:      Wed, 12 Jul 2000 23:06:40 -0600
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        "Shawn Barnhart" <swb@grasslake.net>
Cc:        "Kris Kennaway" <kris@FreeBSD.ORG>, stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HEADS UP! Always use the 'make buildkernel' target to make yerkernels

In message <00b801bfeb66$94ab2960$9b239fc0@mobocracy> "Shawn Barnhart" writes:
: I guess I don't care which tools I use, so long as they do the right
: thing, and, most importantly THAT THE METHODS ARE TOTALLY DOCUMENTED
: WITH ALL THE QUIRKS IN THE FSCK'N HANDBOOK AND NOT JUST IN THE MAILING
: LIST ARCHIVE!

Read UPDATING for late breaking news.  We've been recommending this
proceedure for building kernels since before 4.0 was released.  It is
documented.  If there isn't a note in the handbook to look at
UPDATING, there should be.

Warner