Date:      Tue, 1 Mar 2005 04:00:45 GMT
From:      Scott Michel <scottm@aero.org>
To:        freebsd-i386@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: i386/78219: Netgear FA-410TX is incorrectly detected

The following reply was made to PR i386/78219; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Scott Michel <scottm@aero.org>
To: =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Bj=F6rn_K=F6nig?= <bkoenig@cs.tu-berlin.de>
Cc: freebsd-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 19:51:37 -0800

 Björn König wrote:
 > Scott Michel wrote:
 >

 >>Netgear FA-410TX is detected as an ed0 interface [...]
 >

 > This is correct.

 No, this is correctly incorrect. The FA-410TX is an ed0 card, but if you
 read the code, there are a lot of quirks in if_ed.c to determine whether
 the card's controller is NE-1000, NE-2000 or DLink. It may be true that
 the FA-410TXC is a NE-1000 or NE-2000, but the FA-410TX has a DLink
 controller.

 > Does it work with 4.x? If this is true, then there might be
 > a problem with your PCMCIA-Bus. I had similar problems with
 > old notebooks. Show your /var/run/dmesg.boot

 It worked quite well with 4.x. I'd love to show you the dmesg output,
 but I don't have any connectivity or other convenient means of
 transferring the file (my other machine does not have have a useable
 floppy device...)

 -scooter