Date:      Thu, 20 Feb 1997 15:22:27 -0800 (PST)
From:      Matt Dillon <dillon@best.net>
To:        Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.win.tue.nl>
Cc:        guido@gvr.win.tue.nl (Guido van Rooij), gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, top@sonic.cris.net, audit-bin@FreeBSD.ORG, FreeBSD-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hmm

:Guido van Rooij wrote:
:> > > It seems a bit strange to me. Just like the first part of the line
:> > > underneath btw:
:> > > 	if (*p != '\0' && p[strlen(p) - 1] == '[') {
:> > > 	    ^^^^^^^^^^
:> >
:> > that makes sure that the strlen(p) > 0... you wouldn't want to access
:> > p[-1] would you??
:> >
:> > hope this helps... ttyl..
:> >
:>
:> But p points to argv[0]. According to me that is always non-empty.
:
:Hmm...After rereading this, I think I have it wrong :-(). That's what you get
:with quick answers. The check is indeed necessary.
:
:-Guido

    The check should probably be in there, but it not being there is not
    likely to cause a security hole since page 0 is write-protected on FreeBSD
    machines.

					-Matt

    Matthew Dillon   Engineering, BEST Internet Communications, Inc.
		    <dillon@best.net>
    [always include a portion of the original email in any response!]