Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 08:55:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      jim <jim@jwweeks.com>
To:        "M. Warner Losh" <imp@village.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pccard problem

Warner,

Thanks for your reply.  You may have already seen my followup to this post.

Yes, through a careful monitoring of netstat during the whole process I
determined that the address *was* going away. It was slopy on my part to
have initially based my assumption about the state of the default route on
the error messages I received when PPP tried to install the new route.

Some time since 2.2.7, and specifical 4.3, PPP has started handling add
in a different manner.  I have been moving the same ppp.conf through
several laptops and numerous upgrades, this time I was bitten. (add 0 0
127.2.2.2) no longer works, (add default HISADDR) does.  I assume PPP was
trying to add the route twice.

--
Jim Weeks