Date:      Tue, 02 Feb 1999 08:22:02 PST
From:      "Wile Coyote" <wilec@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   1 fs on 2 drives

Anyone know if it's possible to have a single filesystem on multiple
drives or partitions... ie, only one inode structure.

If there has been any discussion about this topic in this mailing list
or elsewhere, please give me a few keywords to search for. Or, even
better, if there are any books addressing this topic, don't hesitate to
give me a title or two.

Note: RAID only seems to be a means of backup which spans over multiple
drives, but it doesn't seem to be able to support a single filesystem on
multiple drives or partitions... correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
Wilec