Date:      Sat, 24 Aug 96 11:47:07 -0400
From:      "Francisco Reyes" <reyes01@ibm.net>
To:        "questions@freefall.freebsd.org" <questions@freefall.freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: questions-digest V1 #1263

On Fri, 23 Aug 1996 22:58:54 -0700 (PDT),
owner-questions-digest@freefall.freebsd.org wrote:

>Hackers,
>
>     Could anybody tell me what are the advantages of a Novell Netware
>Network? Since Windows 95 comes with TCP/IP stack, file, and printer
>sharing capabilities, why would a network need a Novell Netware server?

IPX is supposedly slightly faster on a small Lans over TCP/IP. It is
easier to administer since you don't have to worry about IP
addresses. Netware supports more hardware than FreeBSD, specially in
terms of network cards.

In terms of a network NEEDING netware you don't have to use it.
Depending on your needs and the size of your Lan you may be just fine
just with FreeBSD.