Date:      Wed, 15 Dec 1999 13:50:23 -0600
From:      Russell Cattelan <cattelan@thebarn.com>
To:        Thomas Veldhouse <veldy@visi.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Sound Blaster 128 PCI (ESS1371) support in current?

Thomas Veldhouse wrote:

> Does the newpcm system support the Sound Blaster 128 PCI card (ESS1371
> chipset)?  I am aware of a pcm dirver for it in STABLE, but I have not
> tried it.

The only major problems have been with certain ASUS motherboards and
some of the newer PCI128's. (the card freezes)
I don't have any specific info at this point.
It's been on my list of things to do.

The other reports of problems have been with the 1370's and playing
short wav clips. I haven't been able to reproduce the problems on the
1371.