Date:      Sun, 07 May 2000 19:50:53 -0400
From:      Otter <otter@otter.cc>
To:        "John W. DeBoskey" <jwd@unx.sas.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: make release failure during ports

"John W. DeBoskey" wrote:

> fyi...
>
> ===>   Creating README.html for tkrat-1.2
> ===> mail/tkrat2
> ===>   Creating README.html for tkrat-2.0b9
> ===> mail/wanderlust-emacs
> Error: Bad value of EMACS_PORT_NAME: emacs.
> Valid values are:
>         Emacs  family: emacs19 mule19 emacs20
>         XEmacs family: xemacs19 xemacs20 xemacs21 xemacs21-mule
> *** Error code 1
>
> If no-one pops up with a "I know what's going on" I'll see if I
> can figure it ou.
>
> -John

John,
Would this have anything to do with the ports upgrade recently? I
notice I get errors trying to make some things, so I've just grabbed
the tarball and done the job myself. I've found someimes I get an
error:

# make install
-: You need to define PORTNAME and PORTVERSION instead of PKGNAME.
(This port is too old for your bsd.port.mk, please update it to match
 your bsd.port.mk.)
*** Error code 1

Yeah, I've done the cvsup thing several times, but there are still
some ports with this error. Should I be pointing them out to port
maintainers or is this an on-going fix due to the change? I'm not one
claiming "I know what's going on" as you had hoped. I'm just some putz
who has had a problem with some ports recently.

-Otter
./~sig files available for an additional fee; and NO! I don't Yahoo!