Date:      Tue, 7 Nov 2000 12:29:15 -0600
From:      "Darryl Hoar" <darryl@osborne-ind.com>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ad0: Hard Read Error

Greetings,
I am running FreeBSD 4.0-Release installed from the Walnut Creek
CD-ROMS.  I have recently been receiving the following message
ad0: Hard Read Error blk# 2845389 Status=59 Error=10.  I receive
this message for other block#'s as well.  I did a brief search of the
archive and didn't find a useful answer.  Is this an indicator that
the hard drive (a Fireball 3.2GB IDE drive) is shot ? Or am I
experiencing another problem ?  I was going to drop in a new
IDE drive, but thought I'd ask if this problem was not related to
hardware.

thanks in advance,

-- Darryl