Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2005 07:26:50 -0700
From:      garys@opusnet.com (Gary W. Swearingen)
To:        Corey Farwell <corevette@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Need Help Installing FreeBSD with AMD x86

Corey Farwell <corevette@gmail.com> writes:

> I have all the ISO's burned to a CD, but when I put the boot disk in to
> install, after I restart, it goes to the normal windows. I've already tried
> going to the BIOS settings, but nothing there helped me. What do I do now?

You can download two floppies (kern.flp & mfsroot.flp) from FTP site
where you got the ISOs, or get them off the CD if you can mount that.
Burn to floppies like this (as root):

     dd if=kern.flp of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k
     dd if=mfsroot.flp of=/dev/fd0 bs=1440k

Boot kern.flop and follow instructions, eventually telling it to
get distributions from CD/DVD.

You probably ought to first try this to test your burning of the
CD a bit (use acd0 or cd0):

   mount -t cd9660 /dev/acd0 /mnt
   cd /mnt